Know what makes you really happy?
Endorphins. Little chemical releases in your brain that make you feel good. I’ve been reading about them a little bit recently, and have come to the conclusion that if you take the following steps, you are going to have the best, most happiest day of your life.
My expertly drawn diagram will help me illustrate the points I’m about to make, literally.
1. The sun: If you’re reading from Ireland…. unlucky, you may have to wait a few seasons for this, but getting out in the sun is proven to be good for us. It supplies us with Vitamin D and triggers some of our happy-place endorphins. So get outside in it and wait for it….
2. Go for a hike: Because, exercise is the next factor that we’ve read all about that gets you going.
3. Nature: Being out in the wilds of nature is known to contribute to inner peace, so you can enjoy that as you hike along – bonus!
4. Chocolate ice cream: Ever wondered why chocolate is so addictive? It’s because its the food that is most like a drug, and you’ll be swimming in dopamine after a few spoonfuls of the ice cream. You’ve got your buzz going already with the the sun, the nature and the exercise, now it’s time to kick back and reward yourself!
5. Sex: When the chocolate ice cream is all done (or not, whatever you’re into), find somewhere discreet (or not, whatever you’re into) and have crazy outside-in-the-middle-of-nowhere sex. This is the fastest way to release the most endorphins into your bloodstream, and you should be feeling super happy after.
So, here’s my winning formula:
sun + exercise + nature + chocolate + sex = happiness
Now I live in a Muslim country where they would probably do something barbaric to my lady bits if I had sex in public (Also, I’m persistently single. Everybody say awww.) so I’m going to need all of you to get out there and try this and report back to me whether or not it works.
It’s all in the name of science.
21 free PR resources
These tools will help you to create, boost, schedule and measure your next campaign.